Monday, February 2, 2009

Studying for the Patent Bar

I decided to pass the patent bar as the first step in a long term goal of becoming a patent / IP lawyer. That was a couple months ago. Since then I have obtained some study materials and a text on patent law. I gave myself a target date of passing by July 31. I figured that would give me time even with our busy lives. I didn't get a tremendous amount of studying done during the holidays and since then I've been taking up my free time with some projects around the home.

Now that February has started I figure I have about three months to really study before I should at the point where I am just reviewing old tests to practice. I want to get in at least three hours a week though the more the better. It has been difficult setting aside that much time so far, but I have to do better or there will be no way I'll ever be able to handle law school.

No comments: